In Spring, the temperature goes up, trees burst into blossom, there are more daylight hours and, in general, everything is more up for…. fun.
The Spanish saying that “La primavera la sangre altera”, literally that “In Springtime blood flows differently”, is also a fact. Spring’s reputation for being the season of sex is no coincidence and, whether you believe it or not, it is rooted in science. Springtime and love have long been intertwined due to flowers, walks in the park, romantic outings in a rowing boat, picnics… but love was the label given to everything that essentially embodies sexual awakening; a gigantic yawn jolting the body out of tedious lethargy. Our hormones go crazy, and we turn into sex machines!
Want to know what happens in Spring?
Some of the effects that Spring has on us are indirectly applied, a kind of domino effect. Basically, when the weather starts to warm up, there are suddenly new opportunities for almost everything.
So, let’s see. What actually happens?
- Hormones, hormones, and more hormones. Our beloved Spring triggers the release of oxytocin, dopamine, and noradrenaline. These wonderful hormones are what generate sexual attraction, in addition to putting us in a better mood and giving us an energy boost. You see those trees in blossom? Well, in the same way that they get their colours out for all to see, your body is flooded with hormones from top to bottom.
- From hormones we move on to vitamins. As daylight hours increase, we are exposed to more sunshine and, therefore, soak up more Vitamin D. This vitamin is fundamental for the absorption of calcium, but it also has another marvellous function. Men: Enjoy the exciting combination of testosterone and Vitamin D. According to the Medical University of Graz, Austria, men with higher levels of Vitamin D have higher levels of testosterone. And this is just the beginning: both hit their top levels in August.
- If it’s not cold, you have more spare energy. The more energy you have, the more pleasure you can enjoy. Adapting to the cold each year involves a brutal outlaying of energy. When we have all of that energy to spare in warmer climes, it can be put to other uses. What springs to mind? We’re torn between some good mutual massage sessions, now that the temperature is less inhibiting, and some unrestrained sex that leaves you dripping with sweat.
- Changes are exciting, above all when you can stop being a human onion under all those layers and have just one layer or fabric covering your skin. That, with a dash of perfume and a more open attitude, gets you back in the flirting game. In Spring and Summer people pull more, always have and always will. Been missing it? It’s warming up, get out there.
- Mmmm… food, glorious food. Nourishment is essential for libido, and the foods that give it a boost abound in Spring. One example is strawberries, which are rich in Vitamin C. They stimulate the nervous system and endocrine glands, making your more receptive to sexual stimulus. Yummy!
- Move that body! In Springtime, as we’ve already said, all that extra light and energy gives us the get-up-and-go we need to enjoy a healthy and active life. This extra exercise leads directly to a positive spiral of physical energy, lifted spirits, libido and general well-being. How are you not going to want sex if you feel like a goddess?!
- Bye-bye to stress with another fix of hormones. At the end of the day, well-being generates more well-being. The abundance of endorphins and serotonin reduces stress, makes everything relax, flow and enhances sexual response. Are we sure we love the Spring? Yep, we’re sure.
At Bijoux Indiscrets we love the Spring. We adore watching the world stretch out of its slumber once more and start to enjoy the simplest of things, like an iced coffee in the sun, a gentle stroll, or an afternoon of unbridled passion. That’s what we’re like, we’re hedonists and we love it. Are you up for some awakening?